Your item must deal with basic principles or contemporary issues in foreign, economic, or national security policy. Content that emphasizes the connections of foreign and domestic policy will be particularly welcome. We especially encourage our members who have published pieces available online to send us a link.
Please submit your item to Mitchell Muncy. Since we are responsible for everything that appears on our site, we reserve the right to accept or reject submissions at our discretion and without explanation.
We welcome comments from dues-paying members who use their privileges, in keeping with our mission, to promote constructive debate. This means, at a minimum,
• staying on topic and keeping comments brief;
• whether in agreement or disagreement, avoiding personal criticism;
• never using foul or vulgar language;
• not using our website for self-promotion.
These guidelines cannot cover every possibility, of course. We reserve the right to filter or delete comments, or deny posting privileges altogether, entirely at our discretion and without explanation. Please don't assume that AHS agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment. Comments are reviewed by our staff and may not be posted immediately.
We welcome guest posts from our members, but we do not guarantee publication, so please read the following before submitting a post.
• Your post should deal with basic principles or contemporary issues in foreign, economic, or national security policy. Posts that emphasize the connections of foreign and domestic policy will be particularly welcome.
• Your post should be at least 300 words long and no more than 500 words.
• Your post must not have been previously published either on the Web or in print.
• You must agree not to publish your post anywhere else.
• Your post may not be a promotional piece for yourself or for another organization.
We will likely edit your post for grammar, syntax, and diction. If we make substantive changes, which is unlikely, we will email the post back to you for approval before posting.
We may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context. We will make sure that our comments are set off from yours so that our readers are clear whose they are.
We understand the work it takes to write a good post. Nevertheless, we are not obliged to publish submissions, and unfortunately, we do not have the staff to provide explanations of our decisions. If we chose not to publish your post, you are, of course, free to publish it elsewhere.
If you would like to submit a post, please email it to Mitchell Muncy for consideration. He will respond within one week. Please send your post in the body of your email rather than as an attachment and confirm that you are willing to engage our readers in the comments about your post.
For tips on writing an effective blog post, please see the following: